Widescreen Feature Film - 1979
In 1979 "Surround Sound" was big and Glen larson jumped on that band wagon as well . Releasing a cut down version of the 3 hour pilot movie.
Those of us that where lucky enough to see this at the theater will never forget that experience.
The best part of the DVD release is that it is in stereo.
- Actors: Richard Hatch, Dirk Benedict, Lorne Greene, Jr. Herb Jefferson, Maren Jensen
- Directors: Richard A. Colla
- Writers: Glen A. Larson
- Producers: John Dykstra, Glen A. Larson
- Format: Multiple Formats, Widescreen, Digital Sound, NTSC
- Language: English (Dolby Digital 1.0)
- Subtitles: English
- Dubbed: French
- Subtitles for the Hearing Impaired: English
- Region: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only)
- Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
- Number of discs: 1
- Rated: PG
- Studio: Universal Studios
- DVD Release Date: October 21, 2003
- Run Time: 125 minutes
In the deepest reaches of space, the fight to save all human life from extinction has begun in this science fiction adventure that launched the Battlestar Galactica phenomenon! Hopeful for lasting peace following centuries of intense warfare, the Twelve Colonies gather to sign a treaty with their dreaded enemies, The Cylons. But after an act of treachery on the eve of the ceremony, the Cylons launch a devastating surprise attack, destroying the Colonies' home planets and most of their military strength. A lone flagship battlestar, the Galactica, remains to aid the surviving colonists on their epic journey for a new home to a far-off legendary planet -Earth. They must survive the pursuing Cylons in a series of epic battles that will determine the fate of the human race in this non-stop action-packed classic filled with cutting-edge special effects by John Dykstra (Star Wars, Spider-Man).
Battlestar Gal...In the deepest reaches of space, the fight to save all human l...