MOONBASE ALPHA... TORN OUT OF EARTH ORBIT... HURLED INTO OUTER SPACE...
SPACE: 1999 YEAR TWO, an eagerly awaited seventh installment from the label's reissue series.
The series was launched in September 1976 and marked Barry Gray's departure as a long time composer for Gerry Anderson's productions. Derek Wadsworth took over the scoring role and brought the music up to date with his trademark mix of jazzy sounds and analog synths. Derek Wadsworth sadly died in 2008 after a long and successful career as a composer, trombonist and session musician. For over half-a-century he played, arranged and conducted for some of the biggest names in music including Dusty Springfield, George Harrison, Judy Garland, Dionne Warwick and many more. The album includes an extensive booklet featuring notes from the composer. Derek Wadsworth's Rousing Score From The Series Available At Last!
Tracks on this Album:
- Space: 1999 Main Theme - Derek Wadsworth
- Strange Light - Derek Wadsworth
- Rendezvous In Space - Derek Wadsworth
- Escape From Psychon - Derek Wadsworth
- We're All Aliens - Derek Wadsworth
- A Swarm Of Space Bees - Derek Wadsworth
- The First Capsule - Derek Wadsworth
- The Exiles Emerge - Derek Wadsworth
- Return To Golos - Derek Wadsworth
- Make Me A Pretty Nose - Derek Wadsworth
- Garden Of Vega - Derek Wadsworth
- The Strongest Passion - Derek Wadsworth
- Seduction - Derek Wadsworth
- Alpha Ahoy! - Derek Wadsworth
- The Emporium - Derek Wadsworth
- The Abduction Of Maya - Derek Wadsworth
- Sore Loser - Derek Wadsworth
- Light Years Away - Derek Wadsworth
- Space Animal On The Loose - Derek Wadsworth
- Showdown At Copernicus - Derek Wadsworth
- Space: 1999 End Titles - Derek Wadsworth
A Sci-Fi fan's opinion
Posted by Jim Peek on 14th Oct 2015
While it was refreshing to hear the music/soundtrack (I own the entire series on VHS and 2 types of DVD's, 1 has 8 'volumes' with all the episodes and the other is one 'volume' of the entire series), I still like season 1's music better. It's more dramatic and 'fits' the series/concept. I would LOVE to see a Moonbase Alpha with the Eagles in use. While working at KSC on the Shuttle program (SIGH!), I was able to ask multiple systems' engineers about the possibility of them becoming reality and was excited to hear them share my 'vision' of actually using them in concert with a 'mothership' to go to Mars AND back.