Calling Moonbase Alpha...
The adventure continues for the trapped Earthling citizens of Moonbase Alpha as their satellite travels farther into the nether regions of space. Each adventure is a bout for survival as the awe-inspiring wonders of the universe are revealed to the neophyte travelers.
Leading the extra ordinary cast are American stars Martin Landau (Academy Award Winner, Ed Wood) and Barbara Bain (3 time Emmy Winner, Mission Impossible TV series). SPACE: 1999 offered TV audiences cinema-styled special effects (courtesy of Academy Award winner, Brian Johnson, Alien, The Empire Strikes Back), grand set design by Keith Wilson, and sleek, ultra-modern costumes by famed designer Rudi Grenreich.
Six episodes from the cult BBC sci-fi show are included in this set. The two discs include:
- "Missing Link" - Commander John Koenig (Martin Landau) is knocked into a coma when the Eagle crashes. Or is he? Turns out, Koenig is actually in the clutches of alien anthropologist Raan!
- "Guardian of Piri" - The siren song of planet Piri is heard on Alpha. When the Guardian of Piri brain washes Koenig's crew into fleeing to Piri, Koenig must intervene before it's too late.
- "Force of Life" - Anton Zoref becomes possessed by an energy-draining force that feeds on all crew members and equipment in its path. Koenig must use any means necessary to stop him.
- "Alpha Child" - Much rejoicing accompanies the birth of Jackie Crawford -- the first child born on the moon. However, much terror accompanies the realization that Jackie has aged five years within a few minutes of his expulsion from the birth canal. The crew try to accept the child into their special needs program, but when it turns out he's actually an alien overlord named Jarak, all bets are off. Once again, Koenig's work is cut out for him.
- "The Last Sunset" - The moon slinks its way to planet Ariel and is suddenly inundated by atmosphere-inducing probes. This is a mixed blessing, however, when it becomes apparent that Ariel will soon suck the atmosphere, and everything else, to certain doom.
- "Voyager''s Return" - A space probe launched in 1985 heads back to Alpha, leaving a wake of nuetron-based destruction. To stop the probe and retrieve its useful information, the Alphans have to undergo a complicated -- and dangerous -- procedure.
Barbara Bain, Martin Landau
Full Frame - 1.33
Single Side - Single Layer
Dolby Digital Mono - English